10.20.2011

Roots Booties

Look what the postman delivered today...






My search for the perfect little black booties are over! I remember seeing these boots in a modelled picture from the Roots website when they were having their previous promotion (couple weeks ago) and wanted to buy them, but they were not listed anywhere on the site nor were they in stores when I checked - so I thought maybe they were sold out or from a previous season or just not out in stores yet.

And I was right - they just were not out yet! I purchased these babes online two days ago (and they're here already!) from the Roots website because they were having their 15% off all regular priced items promo. After doing a bit of googling, I found a different promotion code that gave 20% off (forme20 - not sure how long it will be valid for). They were still a little on the pricey side, but I know I will wear them a lot and when I opened the box I just knew that I would love them (I've never felt that way about any other shoes before). 


These leather booties are top notch - the leather is so supple (and they're leather lined), the stitching is of great quality, they're made in Italy, the perfect weight (not heavy and not light) and the 2" heel adds the perfect amount of height while still being comfortable and walkable (I walked around with them on today and no pain or discomfort at all). The ankle opening fits me perfectly (not too loose or tight), I have pretty average sized feet and ankles and the side zipper is very smooth (they probably will not be a problem in the future). They are absolutely compareable in the looks department to the Rachel Comey Penpal Booties, and having already tried both these Roots boots and the Rachel Comey boots on, I think these are more comfortable and better fitted for my feet to walk in.


I normally wear a size 7.5-8 depending on type of shoe and brand (I've never had a pair of shoes from Roots before so I was pretty much ordering blindly). I ordered these in the 38 (which according to some websites translate into 7.5 and others into an 8 - I think they're an 8) and they fit perfectly with just enough room for socks - I'm very glad I didn't order them in 37.5 or they would have been just a tad too snug. 

The total came to about $222 with tax. Standard shipping is free for orders over $100 ($4.50 for orders under $100). Roots ships with Purolator (tracking is available) - they estimated it would take 2-6 days for the boots to arrive, I would say it took less than 2 days!

I wish I had the extra money to purchase these boots in Africa too. They're just so beautiful, sleek and easy to match with anything and everything (jeans, skirts, shorts, dresses...). Though if I did, I'm sure I'd get some stares since I already have a pair of the Swedish Hasbeens Jodhpur bootie in tan. Oh well, a girl can dream can't she? But I do know she definitely can never have too many pairs of shoes!

xo


Lori

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment! I totally agree with you that people should only keep what they really love. Looks like these Roots booties will serve you well. They're lovely and so perfect for rainy Vancouver days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! They do look a lot more comfy than the Rachel Comeys... the heel height looks a little lower? Glad you finally got your booties!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're beautiful! Yes, Roots shoes and bags are quite pricey but the quality in material and craftsmanship is top notch, they're definitely worth it. I know they'll serve you well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roots boots are definitely on my hit list for when I start my new job in November! All because of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies ♥ I love these boots so so very much and I want to wear them everyday (all your comments make me love them even more)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those booties are the perfect basic! You could wear them year long! I do like the rugged chic look that Roots has going on these day. Their shop windows are always styled so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These boots are lovely. You'll probably live in them this season!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your lovely thoughts ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...