10.25.2011

Taking A Sick Day


My lovely little brother has happily managed to pass on his sniffles to me (he's fine now, but I'm not - he likes to rub it in by singing "Catch My Disease" by Ben Lee). I started sniffling two days ago and it's tumbled into painful coughs, big sneezes, a headache, totally stuffed up and the being submerged underwater feeling. Yuck. I haven't been doing much all day, I went out this morning to get my bangs trimmed (I scared everyone on the bus) then I stopped by Helen's Grill & Restaurant on Main Street to grab some hearty chicken noodle soup and a delicious plate of eggs benedict - my favourite (sadly, I couldn't really taste anything).

I'm home now. indulging in a big cup of hot water with 2 slices of lemon and a dollop of honey. I'll probably snuggle up with my blanket and watch an Indiana Jones movie. Ah being sick, it's great and terrible all at the same time.

xo

Lori

3 comments:

  1. Awwww I hope you get well soon! And that tissue box is the CUTEST THING EVER <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! Eat some congee, that always helps me when I'm sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies :) I still feel pretty awful today, but I'll always look forward to feeling better tomorrow!

    @Vonnie - it's adorable! Every time I take one out and blow my nose I think of it saying HERE SHE BLOWS!

    @MizzJ - mmm congee, good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your lovely thoughts ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...