1.02.2012

MAC Ombre Blush + Metal X Cream Shadow ♥


I was flipping through the latest edition of Elle Canada the other day (it actually came in the mail last month...but I forgot about it) and came across a page introducing MAC's recent collaboration with Daphne Guiness. Daphne calls this beautiful limited edition winter collection with MAC "a window into my imagination." What got me so excited about this collaboration? Ombre blushes! (You know I've been crazy for ombre.)


I was so excited I stopped by Richmond Centre yesterday to have a look. The ombre blush was love at first sight for me. I purchased it in Azalea Blossom (also available in Vintage Grape, which is darker). The purple side of the blush may be a bit intimidating at first, but after applying and blending it'll definitely convince you that without the purple it would not be as beautiful. The pink and purple blend together so smoothly and creates a gorgeously soft and slightly shimmery cool toned pink. It looks very natural and is not too heavily pigmented leaving lots of room to build and play. I'm quite pale and this gave me a very pretty flush.

I was helped by a very pleasant young man who introduced me to MAC's metallic-x cream shadows, which I also fell in love with. I picked this one up in Palladium. It's the perfect combination of smooth cream and shimmer. My eyes are quite small and I feel this gives them a well-needed pop of brightness. He taught me how to apply it using my fingers (since I told him I'm not a big eyeshadow girl and am very low maintenance). I really wasn't planning to purchase this, but how beautiful it looked and how easy it was just won me over. I think this would make a great addition to a smokey eye or as an all over highlighter (I'll continue to experiment)!






Top: MAC Ombre Blush In Azalea Blossom $31:
Can be blended to be more pink or purple and more natural or intense.

Middle + Bottom: MAC Metal X Cream Shadow In Palladium $24:
Can be a more intense silver or a softer highlight

(This is my first time doing swatches! Apologies if I didn't go a good job showing colors!)

I realize that I've built quite the blush collection unknowingly. I love love love blushes (sometimes I go a bit crazy with application...oh well ♥)! I was shocked to count and see that this MAC blush brings my blush collection count up to 8! Though I'm sure it's not as extensive as many of your lovely collections out there!
I will definitely be doing a little blush review sometime in the near future! 

What are some of your favorite blushes? 


xo
Lori

9 comments:

  1. That MAC blush has such a good color. I love it.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty products! I only stick to one blush (NARS Orgasm, a cult fave), but I'm as obsessive about lipstick as you are about blush. I have way too many.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the review! I haven't shopped at MAC for a while, but really should!
    My friend stayed over at our place last time and brought Dior blush as a present - can't wait to use it!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi beautiful! tnks a lot for ur comment (: Do u want to follow each other? I'm already following u! (:

    xx from

    http://www.princesuka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't really wear blush, but these are super pretty. and i love DG.
    <3 mode.
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Refined..I'm hoping to try out a cream blush next, maybe from Tarte but I'm very hesitant after having an allergic reaction to NARS Multiple!

    I love the eyeshadow and I though you did great on the swatching ;) I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award but then I realized you already got nominated :$

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so obsessed with blushes is not even funny. I don't have a favorite one because I have way too many.

    PS. I'm following you too now doll. Come visit me soon.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo such pretty colors for both things! haha 8 blushes?! That's quite a lot, but then again, one does want different looks, from natural flush, to rosy pink!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your lovely thoughts ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...