3.15.2012

Yarn Splurge ♥

So I recently went on a little yarn splurge...and it finally arrived in the mail today!



I ordered a number of clearance skeins from Elann (they still have some great colors for about $4 per skein of 50gram from their Peruvian Sierra Aran collection - these are great for making toques, mittens, scarves and even sweaters it's a super comfy blend of wool and alpaca ♥). Shipping was extremely fast. I placed the order on Tuesday night, today is Thursday of the same week and it's already here - a nice big box plopped in front of my door! I also picked up a few skeins of Cascade Yarn (one of my favorites - I love their Eco+ line, you get a lot of yarn, it's 100% peruvian wool and it's nice and chunky) and Addi Turbo needles (on the more expensive side, but you have a lifetime warranty and once you use these you'll never go back to any other needles) from Three Bags Full. Putting me into a yarn shop or letting me browse yarn online is extremely dangerous (I can't tell you exactly how much I spent or my boyfriend might tear me apart - or even worse take my needles away!)

I've been working on a toque from Purl Bee. It's called the Simple Pleasures Hat. I'm close to halfway done. I was a bit intimidated at first (I've just been making a ton of scarves because it's so easy) - I'm surprised at how easy it is to get started on the little toque.



Hope all you lovelies are having a good few last days of the week!

Don't forget to enter my Lamixx giveaway!

Lori

4 comments:

  1. the wool you bought seems so soft .....great shhopping !


    ave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I wish I knew how to knit! My mom tried to teach me once and gave up on me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to find one of those really thick yarns... been knitting a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your lovely thoughts ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...